Our client in Newton, MA is looking for a talented Machine Operator to join their team on a first shift basis!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities of Machine Operator:
- Learn from experience manufacturing operators to operate production equipment such as industrial furnaces, rolling mills, shears, slitters, and forges, contributing to our goal of a flexible, well trained workforce.
- Learn to recognize production problems and help in the resolution of the problem, contributing to our goal of continuous improvement.
- Maintain your work area in a clean and orderly way on a daily basis by following 5S standard work practices, contributing to our goal of a safe, clean, and organized manufacturing plant.
Required Experience and Qualifications of Machine Operator:
- Requires a high school or trade school education.
- Must be able to follow standard operating procedures and prescribed safety rules in order to maintain high quality standards and safe working conditions.
- Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, experience using measuring tools such as micrometers and tape measures, as well as basic math skills, including fractions and decimals, is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment using computer databases and driving a fork truck is desirable.
- Must be safety conscious and able to understand safety and environmental rules.
- Expected to work as part of a team and to make good decisions.
Physical Requirements of Machine Operator:
- Position requires a moderate level of physical exertion.
- Position is located in a manufacturing environment, exposing the incumbent to machines with movable parts, heat, and chemicals and consequently requires that personal protective equipment, provided by the company, be worn.