Our client is looking for a Machinist/Toolmaker on a contract to hire basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Machining, manual assembly and various other operations performed in a model machine shop in order to support the rework of various Land Navigation and Space System assemblies and fixtures.
- Will work with various types of machine shop equipment and will be involved at times with small engineering prototype build.
Technical/Functional skills: Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:
- The Machinist/Tool and Die maker must be able to read and understand all drawings sketches and have hands on experience in operating Jig borer?s, drill presses, lathes, grinders and various other machine shop equipment including various types of inspection tools and gauges.
- Will perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommend revisions in design and/or substitution of materials based on machinability or fabrication issues. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Operating the various machines associated with the machine shop operations to include: milling machines, lathes, drill presses and grinders.
- Must have good manual dexterity and be able to pass the J-Std-001 in-house solder certification and in-house electrostatic electricity exam.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related job or classification.
- Work related experience in a shop that manufactured piece parts for government related programs is a plus. Candidate must be familiar with machining to very tight tolerances and assembling piece parts under a microscope.Prior solder and ESD certifications along with experience with fiber optic splicing would be highly desirable.