Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Pay Rate: $20-26 based upon experience
Our Swedesboro area customer needs an experienced maintenance mechanic to work in their growing food packaging facility. The maintenance mechanic will report directly to the facility manager. The maintenance mechanic position is a contract to direct opportunity.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Troubleshoot mechanical / electrical / pneumatic/ hydraulic systems using schematics, engineering specifications, operations manuals and technical drawings.
- Common troubleshooting and repair of AC /DC drives, PLC’s, electrical systems, electrical equip, piping systems (including pumps, valves, & cylinders), plant machinery
- Repair equipment, fixtures, engines, motors, machines, systems, conveyors and other equipment at facility as required
- Perform various inspections and testing on plant systems, machinery and equipment using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Removes defective equipment parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
Requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Prior experience working on Extrusion machines a must
- Must have strong electrical background
- Must be capable of using multimeter to detect the presence of voltage, identify faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and photoelectric controls
- Proficient in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively trouble shoot equipment problems
- Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc
- Must be able to read, interpret, scale and re-scale blueprints, operating manuals, and schematic diagrams
- Must pass a drug and background test
Key Words: Mechanic, Equipment, control systems, blueprints, hand tools, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, electrical equipment, piping systems, pumps, valves, cylinders, plant machinery, plant equipment, motors, machines, systems, conveyors, repair, repairs, heavy duty, heavy maintenance, heavy mechanic, mechanics, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, replace, mechanical maintenance