Our client located in Ayer, MA is looking for a Test Technician to join their team.
Contract to Perm
Responsibilities of the Test Technician:
- Performing a wide variety of tasks associated with the testing/troubleshooting of products.
- Duties include, but are not limited to testing, calibration, and assembly of products working from test procedures and drawing details.
- May perform component testing and be required to set up and make adjustments, and/or repair equipment holding tolerances and specifications. May perform assembly, wire, and other functions prior, during, and after test operations.
- Responsible for final product quality. May analyze results, implement problem solving and/or develop specifications and procedures.
- Electronic troubleshooting, especially with integrated hardware, software and firmware products, is a key requirement of this position.
Requirements of the Test Technician
- Requires the ability to multi-task, while maintaining efficient and accurate records, as defined by department procedures.
- Requires the ability to use specialized equipment, and tools, read difficult instructions and work from established drawings and test procedures.
- Position will also generate test procedures and initiate procedure changes as well as repair and build test fixtures as required.
- Works well independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree (College Degree a plus)
- 5+ years or more experience testing instruments in an electromechanical environment
- 3 years or more direct supervision experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in Lean manufacturing preferred
- Experience with electrical test tools (DMM, scope, power supplies, etc.)
- Experience using Labview or othet test software a plus