Specialty:Accounting & Finance
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a hands-on role, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the accounts payable department, ensuring proper record keeping, developing best practices and procedures, ensuring accurate and timely month-end close accounts payable tasks and reports.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting background with a strong understanding of GAAP, where it relates to accounts payable. This person will also have a great, outgoing personality, outstanding organization skills, and initiative. The candidate should be able to work independently, but also function in a team environment. This position requires you to be technical in nature, handle a variety of tasks and efficiently address the needs of the accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Including but not limited to:
Full Cycle A/P responsibilities, including:
- Supervises the Accounts Payable team, providing developmental leadership to the A/P staff on a daily basis to enhance the group’s performance and outcomes.
- Ensures accuracy of Accounts Payable vouchers for coding to correct branch, department and account
- Owns the 1099 process
- Works with the General Ledger team as necessary
- Manages vendor discrepancies for timely resolution and payment
- Ensures that the weekly check runs run smoothly
- Responds to all vendor inquiries
- Makes sure that vendor deposit amounts are calculated correctly prior to payment
- Adheres to internal control policies throughout the department and Company
- Proposes improvements to the AP process and system
- Performs ad hoc special projects/requests as needed
- Understands the accounting operations from quote to cash (to include WIP & COGS)
- Audits expense reports for accuracy, approvals and supporting documentation
- Ensures that proper documentation and support is provided for all accounts payable, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Ensures all vendors are paid per contractual terms and that inquiries and payment issues are responded to in a timely manner.
- Provides problem and invoice resolution assistance to vendors and internal business partners.
- Assists with the maintenance and testing of internal controls, accounting policies and audit requests as it relates to the accounts payable function.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and process improvement skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with vendors
- Work ethic that exudes integrity, accountability, and professionalism
- High attention to detail
- High volume accounts payable experience, including P.O. invoices
- Ability to multi-task, as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadline
- Understanding of accounting accruals, debits and credits
- 4-6 years of full cycle A/P, including a high-volume environment,
- Work in Yardi is a plus
- College degree and/or technical certification in Accounting
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word)
If You Are Interested Apply!