Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Do you strive to make a difference in the lives of those in your community? Do you have experience in Accounts Payable and want to join a passionate team?
We have the position just for you as an Accounts Payable Specialist in a non-profit organization in Massachusetts. You will handle the full cycle of Accounts Payable from invoice coding through the check run. You will also be processing 500 invoices a month and will properly verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records. As an ideal candidate, you will have at least two years of Accounts Payable experience and at least an Associate’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Research, review and process Accounts Payables for the company in accordance with fiscal policies and procedures.
- Review of proper coding, approvals and documentation of invoices entered, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed. Be familiar with the accounts utilized to provide an adequate basis for reviewing the coding of invoices and bring any deficiencies to the attention of the appropriate personnel.
- Review and process expense reports for compliance with policies.
- Prepare weekly aging reports and provide to Staff Accountants regarding invoices being processed and checks written for them to maintain proper cash control.
- Preparation of special reports required by management.
- Writing checks for all assigned entities and the subsequent stuffing and mailing thereof.
- Contact vendors and site personnel to follow up on outstanding invoice balances.
- Scan replacement reserve and capital improvement invoice copies.
- File and maintain AP invoices which includes the preparation of year end closing.
- Handle other A/P related administrative responsibilities as assigned on the team.
- Participate in production of 1099 processing.
- Prepare and update all necessary audit information files, and providing any required assistance during the interim and final audit.
- Assume additional tasks due to vacations, illnesses or other workload issues as necessary to meet departmental goals.
- Possess at least 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in A/P handling a high volume of payables with strong accuracy and computer skills.
- Experience with vendors, researching issues, codings, handling A/P 1099’s and aging’s.
- Must be strong and proficient with Microsoft products including but not limited to Excel and Word, spreadsheet and accounting software.
- Be able to comprehend and follow instructions and be able to multi-task.
- Perform complex and repetitive tasks.
- Maintain a fast work pace and high volume work load.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Be a strong team player and able to take initiative on projects.
- High School education or equivalent is needed with proficiency in both verbal and written communication skills.
Apply if interested!