Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Prestigious Healthcare Organization looking for a Top Notch Medical Biller!
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the day-to-day processing of billing system transactions to ensure that they are maintained in an effective, up-to-date, and accurate manner.
- Prepare and submit claims to various insurance companies utilizing both electronic and paper methods as required.
- Respond to billing questions from patients, medical offices, and insurance companies.
- Identify and resolve billing issues.
- Process payments from insurance companies and patients and balance daily batch posting.
- Perform various collection actions, including contacting patients by phone and correcting and resubmitting claims to third-party payers.
- Accounts receivable follow-up with insurance carriers.
- Manage accounts receivable as assigned.
- Correct edits from clearinghouses.
- Assist with month-end processes.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned from time to time.
- High school diploma or its equivalent 2+years (Level I) and 5+yrs (Level II) experience in accounting and a minimum of three years of medical-related billing experience.
- Experience with computerized medical billing systems software.
- Basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) and proficiency in using desktop publishing software and database programs, as well as proficient internet research skills.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD coding.
- Knowledge of commonly-used accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Polished professional with good interpersonal, grammatical, spelling, proofreading, telephone etiquette, and social skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to use diplomacy and handle sensitive and confidential matters discreetly, exhibiting honesty, integrity, discretion, and sound judgment at all times.
- Good organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities, projects, and workflow.
- Attention to detail, with a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Knowledge of general office concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work on projects with general direction and minimal guidance, managing multiple priorities through to completion in a timely manner.
- Creative, innovative individual who works well in a fast?paced environment.