Legal Billing Specialist
Specialty:Accounting & Finance
Prominent Law Firm is looking for a Legal Billing Specialist to join their Accounting Department located in their Greater Boston office!
A successful candidate has relative experience working in a law office or professional services firm. The Legal Billing Specialist is responsible for editing, compiling, and submitting attorney billing. Expectations for this candidate are inclusive of, but not limited to, proficiency with Microsoft Office, knowledge of client-based electronic billing platforms, and experience with Elite Software (or a comparable legal billing software). Successful candidates must be comfortable communicating with staff, attorneys, clients and vendors in both written and verbal methods.
- Review and edit pre-bills in response to attorney requests; execute preparatory tasks necessary to submit bills electronically, split bills between clients, apply retainer funds, etc.
- Compile and bill attorney/paralegal hours to firm clients periodically
- Submit electronic bills through billing websites; resolve any submission issues
- Maintain the ability to produce a high volume of bills per cycle
- Ability to review/confirm accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as necessary
- Demonstrate a willingness to research, troubleshoot and respond to billing issue inquiries
- Effectively utilize billing guidelines provided by clients; ensure accuracy and adhere to client expectations inclusive of rates, billing frequency, cost management, etc.
- Communicate regularly with Accounting Manager to ensure billing expectations are met
- Work collaboratively with other Billing Specialists to establish short and long-term projects/initiatives related to billing.
- Handle billing exceptions and ensures timely submission of bills and appeals while working closely with professional staff.
- Understand technical aspects of billing software and troubleshoot any issues with billing software.
- 3+ years billing experience at a professional services firm, legal billing experience required
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products (emphasis on Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with legal billing software; preferably Elite
- Ability to multitask, organize work flow, and use time efficiently
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate work needs, and show strong attention to detail
- Experienced with electronic billing, submissions, budgeting, and appeals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain calm disposition in high stress environment
- Willingness to learn; flexibility to adapt to all situations
If you are interested in this role please Apply NOW. We are looking forward to hearing from you!