Specialty:Accounting & Finance
This Company is a Well- Known and Flourishing non-profit organization who is looking for a Staff Accountant.
Key Accounting Responsibilities:
- Reconcile all bank and investment accounts and general ledger accounts,
- File Taxes correctly and timely (e.g., 1099's, quarterly payroll taxes, etc.).
- Produce and analyze financial statements: balance sheet, revenue and expense statement, cash flow, investments/reserves account analysis, departmental revenue and expense reports, and other documents as requested.
- Track grant revenue and expense, including temporarily restricted funds.
- Work with staff on grant applications, grant reporting, etc.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets in cooperation with appropriate staff/Committees. Identify cost savings and revenue growth when and where possible.
- Work with auditor on annual audits/reviews. Ensure tax returns prepared by the auditor are accurate and filed timely. Every five to six years, in accordance with best business practices, identify new auditing firms and draft requests for proposal for a new auditing engagement based on the needs of the company.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area, such as business administration or finance, with significant formal education in accounting coursework.
- Minimum of five years of experience in accounting with nonprofit organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of financial transactions, financial systems, and policies.
- Ability to independently gather, organize, and perform accounting related analysis.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge and ability to recommend business process improvements.
- Must be proficient in account reconciliations with high volume of financial transactions and data.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality and to display professionalism in manner and attitude.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects.
- Ability to identify and address organizational needs and advance the business of the organization.
If you are interested in this position Apply! We are happy to hear from you!