Specialty:Accounting & Finance
The Accounting team at a Franchisee Company in Massachusetts is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Staff Accountant who is passionate about creating personable experiences and life-long memories.
- Assist Senior Accountant with effective month end close process including process improvements, verification of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare month end journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset process, system, and records.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures and related documentation to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with financial reporting process including verification of amounts reported, variance analysis, and reporting tie-outs.
- Support the annual independent audit processes, prepare reconciliations, answering auditor inquiries and ensure their timely completion.
- Coordinate financial reporting controls documentation, and monitor in support of the company’s business control efforts.
- Provide support for daily operations of other finance areas (tax, treasury, revenue accounting, payroll, financial planning and analysis).
- Knowledge and experience in general accounting (GAAP), monthly closing process, and audit facilitation; public accounting experience and CPA certification is desirable.
- Strong self?starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross?functional team.
- Excellent in Excel spreadsheet skills, including the ability to create formulas & schedules using pivot tables, vlookup, etc.
- Extremely strong analytic ability and excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Must be very hands on but also have the experience to be involved with Senior Management on a daily basis and work in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
Interested? Apply NOW!