Are you looking for an opportunity as a Buyer within an expanding market? Our client in the contract machining industry needs a Buyer to join their growing team in the Twin Cities! Monday-Friday 6AM-2:30PM. This is a long term, contract to hire role.
Essential Functions of the Buyer:
- Verifies specifications of purchase requests.
- Searches inventory records or warehouse to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity.
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Creates invitation-of-bid forms and mails forms to supplier firms.
- Creates purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories.
- Returns rejected materials to suppliers and negotiates credit adjustments.
Required Skills of the Buyer:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong negotiation skills