Our rapidly growing medical robotics division is searching for a Field Service Depot Technician in the Methuen area. This position will provide technical assistance to the field service depot engineer, while ensuring compliance with all company policies & procedures and maintaining compliance with US FDA and international medical device regulations and ISO 13485 quality system requirements. Participate in and provide support for customer phone inquiries, technical questions, and the documentation of all customer reports complaints / problems to ensure that customers are satisfied, and that their needs are fulfilled. The job requires the individual with technical and administration skills, who is a self-starter and team player with the ability to work well without close supervision, can independently manage time/schedule and function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity.
- Build field replaceable unit (FRU) kits and ship FRUs to the field when required.
- Assist the Field Service Depot Engineer with software upgrades, procedure creation, procedure validations, new product releases, change order management and system maintenance.
- Participate in the returned material authorization (RMA) processing by receiving, diagnosing, dispossession and repairing or RMA with suppliers of returned parts.
- Maintain FRU and refurb inventory levels physically and electronically, while ensuring to update inventory to the latest revision when required.
- Ensure customer contract requirements are followed (timeframes for shipment, billing, and system up time).
- Order parts and supplies as needed for the field service department.
- Participate in internal meetings with engineering, manufacturing and quality departments
- Become the conduit between our company and internal/external customers.
- Ability to understand basic technical terms and the operation of the system, to help customers that may have basic operational questions they may have.
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Requires equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical customer service / field service role with administration skills. Experience in the medical device industry preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications: Services experience (e.g., Clinical Services/Biomed, Radiology) and understand healthcare capital equipment. GMP and ISO knowledge required. Personal computer proficiency with MS Office is required. Knowledge of quality and/or reliability engineering is a plus. Must be able to make solid decisions that effectively support the business and company policies. Travel requirements are as needed. Physical Demands – Normal Office Environment.