The Purchasing Agent is responsible for procurement of materials needed in our client's custom manufacturing operation for the best possible price and terms. The goal is to keep inventory spend and space requirements as low as possible while ensuring continuous availability of needed materials and developing contingency plans to be used in the event of supply chain disruption. The Purchasing Agent also works with Project Managers by placing orders for finished fabrications from qualified vendors for items not manufactured in our facility.
- Ensure stable supply chain for materials used in custom manufacturing operations
- Negotiate the most favorable buying terms and quantity commitments
- Identify and reduce costs of items used in our process without compromising service and quality standards
- Monitor and manage inventory quantities and cycle to produce optimum availability with the least inventory on hand
- Maintain vendor qualification program and roster
- Place purchase orders with approved vendors
- Collect and reconcile monthly inventory counts and costs
- Excellent communication skills with peers, management, and vendors
- Ability to build contingency plans for use in the event of supply chain disruption
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Excellent time management and respect for deadlines
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience required
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a,m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pay Range: $20-$22/hourly
If your are interested in applying for this full time contract to hire job opportunity please send your resume to email@example.com