Our client located in Newton, MA is looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join their team. This is a temp to hire position.
This position is directly responsible for processing the companies’ purchase requisitions, shipping and receiving activities, and administrative support. The position requires a high degree of interaction with company employees and vendors. This position also requires a high degree of problem solving, due diligence, and decision making.
Purchasing Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by processing receipts in Oracle and forwarding receiving documentation.
- Examines and analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department or initiator to clarify or complete information; determines method to process requisition based on dollar amount, timeliness required, existing open contracts, and/or competitive bidding
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assists departments in initiating requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders.
- Resolves purchasing problems between department and vendor
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper/supplier to rectify damages and shortages
- Routes items to departments
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons, assembles containers or selects preassembled containers, and posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage
Purchasing Coordinator Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or CPIM certification and 1 year of buying experience OR 5 years of buying experience
- Oracle and Visual by Infor experience a plus