Our client located in Salem, NH is looking for a Master/Scheduler who has strong excel skills. This is a first shift opportunity.
Scheduler/Planner is a diverse position covering the capacity planning, production scheduling, and tracking of workflow from Material receipt through the Final Shipment. The Master Scheduler maintains the backlog report and generates the production plan to ensure on time delivery. The Master Scheduler also creates and reports on the capacity plan to assist the production planner and expediter with customer expedite requests and to level load whenever possible. This position functions as a liaison between Production, Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping/Receiving departments, as well as with our external vendors. It is a focal point among all departments to effectively communicate and help meet project requirements.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES, GOALS, AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The Master Scheduler purpose is to provide a means to track and manage daily production workload, provide feedback to other departments on in-house and subcontracted jobs using the best combination of E2 Shop System, Excel, MS Projects, and Other Office Products. The master scheduler will provide an in-depth audit on production requirements, capacity, schedule, and workforce size.
- Manages and maintains backlog report and ensures contractual date integrity & OTD.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports performance to schedule of production activities utilizing information derived from material and production control systems.
- Assist the Production department to actively manage the production schedule, as well as preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Works with planner & expeditor to assign due dates on new orders, expedites, change orders, or as needed and document during the releasing process.
- Establish KPIs focusing on OTD, reduction of turnaround times, and actuals vs planned.
- Addresses any delivery concerns with all departments and provides recovery dates and contingency plans as needed.
- Identify and resolve supplier and internal errors that result in schedule discrepancies & expedites outside services as needed.
- Provide continual improvement of the planning and reporting processes.
- Accurately maintain part-master database in E2 Shop System.
- Accurately develop and maintain complex master bills-of-material.
- Research order and delivery discrepancies and resolve MRP related issues. Take appropriate corrective actions to prevent similar issues.
- Participate in lean initiatives to reduce cycle times, and implement & utilize scheduling tools for capacity planning and level loading.
- Assists in developing & reporting monthly and quarterly revenue plans.
- Coordinate and manage special projects as required.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within each project.
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a technical field
- 5+ years’ experience in planning/scheduling.
- APICS or PMP certification preferred.
- CSSGB or equivalent Lean Manufacturing training a plus.
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough. A versatile, self-starter with a positive attitude, who is cautiously assertive.
- Ability to modulate with a dynamic workload: From heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads - to very focused, detail-oriented work during critical projects
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in MRP/ERP systems and supporting reports
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Competent with computer software such as, E2 Shop System or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project) with advanced Excel experience & training.