Our client in North Grafton, MA is looking for a talented Terminal Clerk, proficient in Microsoft computer applications, to join their growing team on first shift!
Summary of Terminal Clerk Position:
- Responsible for supporting the administrative functions at the terminal, which will include those specifically noted below, at the direction of the terminal manager.
- In addition, will be responsible for supporting the dispatchers based at this facility by assuming various basic-level dispatch responsibilities, at the discretion of the terminal manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1.) Responsible for reviewing, preparing and then transmitting driver paperwork to Corporate. The following must occur:
- Match all driver paperwork against information entered by dispatch.
- Transfer moves for Driver Settlements and loads for Billing.
- Insure that all detention paperwork is properly completed and signed.
- Sort paperwork per scanning directives.
- Company driver time cards against loads and confirm that drivers are paid according to schedule..
- Review Pick-up and Delivery delays for accuracy and T.M. signature.
- Forward all Roadside/DOT Inspections to TM.
2.) First point of contact for driver pay inquiries: and/or responsible for driver payroll corrections and exceptions.
- Research with Billing/Settlement Department.
- Fill out exception paperwork if needed.
- Respond back to driver within 24 hours.
3.) Responsible for Report Tracking.
- Maintain all local tracking files/spreadsheets and postings pertaining to Equipment Inspections, Service, and Safety.
- Maintain and audit driver’s log files. File monthly report to Corporate Safety.
- Track and record all driver attendance records.
- Track driver physical and drug screen test requirements furnished by Safety Department and remind Dispatch of said requirements.
4.) Support the Dispatch function by performing some or all of the following:
- Take check calls from drivers and pass dispatch information to the drivers calling as assigned by the dispatcher.
- Track and update Qualcomm records entered by driver.
- Assume dispatch/supervision responsibilities for a small, (5-8), fleet of drivers.
- Support dispatch/customer service functions with the assistance of Terminal Manager in the absence of Main Dispatcher.
- Support Main Dispatcher in record keeping and computer entry as directed by the dispatcher.
- Update the current status and location of drivers as load progresses.
5.) Responsible for standard clerical and administrative support functions.
- Answer telephone, promptly and professionally.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Receive and Send Inbound and Outbound mail.
- Type/transmit correspondence upon request.
- Support driver requests for information.
- Maintain the Driver Shirt and Uniform Programs.
- Receive customer orders including Tank Wash P.O numbers when required.
- Document all petty cash disbursements and replenishments.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and comprehend basic spreadsheet and word processing tools.
- Good interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Analytical skills sufficient to calculate and prepare records as required.
- High School degree or equivalent GED certificate. Additional advanced formal training in clerical and/or basic computer skills helpful.
- At least one year prior experience in an office environment.
- Includes sitting, computer data entry, standing, stooping and minimal lifting while in an office or trailer environment.
- An inordinate amount of time will be spent at the computer and processing paperwork.