Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Title:Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Our client located in the Nashua, NH area is looking for a strong Mechanical Inspector with optical experience to join their team.
Under minimal supervision, completely and consistently performs highly complex inspections of all types of optical components, mechanical parts, sub?assemblies, or assemblies involving very close tolerances. Determines method and sequences necessary to inspect purchased materials to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications. Inspects parts where standard checking devices are not available and special inspection tools and layouts are required.
- Perform complex inspection of all types of optical components, sub?assemblies or assemblies.
- Inspect optical surface quality for scratches, digs, cleanliness and stains.
- Inspect all kinds of precision optical components for conformity to extremely close tolerances.
- Devise, develop, set up, layout and use any equipment required to perform inspections.
- Work with engineers to assist in reviews of rejects in performing defect analysis.
- Works from CAD models ( Solidworks), drawings, sketches and specifications where general but not detailed inspection information is provided.
- Prepare written records and reports and recommend inspection procedures as required. Reports on quality trends and provides full information on failures to supervisors.
- Complete production logistics by moving / transacting materials and information through the computer based production system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to comprehend specifications, schematics, wiring diagrams, mil-specs, and purchase order and to apply a level of knowledge necessary to test and inspect normally acquired through post high school technical education. Also desired at least 4 years of working experience in an optical inspection environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work safely on fragile, high-value optics and various optical glasses.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination and excellent visual acuity and be detail oriented.
- Must have necessary skills in geometry and trigonometry to calculate dimensions, angles and radii and thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be proficient in inspection techniques including use of inspection equipment such as sine bar, micro-height, comparators and leveling plates.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical and optical inspection.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of ESD precautions and requirements.
- Must have knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Utilize sampling plans and switching techniques outlined in MIL-STD-105.
- Should possess required computer skills and ability to interface with plant systems (e.g. document control system, manufacturing execution system, optical testing software, etc.).
- A drive for continuous improvement, flexible and willing to learn new things.
Desired, but not required, skills:
- Familiar with military and aerospace specifications and purchase orders and prints.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- IPC-610 Certification
- Customer Service Rep in Needham Heights MA
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Quality Control Inspector in Cumming GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Inventory Controller in Lebanon NH
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Deployment Team in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Electromechanical Technician in Beverly MA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- 2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Chelmsford MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Mechanical Assembler- 2nd Shift in Santa Fe Springs CA
- machinists- 2nd shift 3p-11 in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Assembly Specialist in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA