Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Title:Precision Optical & Mechanical Inspector
Our client located in the Nashua, NH area is looking for a strong Mechanical Inspector with optical experience to join their team.
Under minimal supervision, completely and consistently performs highly complex inspections of all types of optical components, mechanical parts, sub?assemblies, or assemblies involving very close tolerances. Determines method and sequences necessary to inspect purchased materials to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications. Inspects parts where standard checking devices are not available and special inspection tools and layouts are required.
- Perform complex inspection of all types of optical components, sub?assemblies or assemblies.
- Inspect optical surface quality for scratches, digs, cleanliness and stains.
- Inspect all kinds of precision optical components for conformity to extremely close tolerances.
- Devise, develop, set up, layout and use any equipment required to perform inspections.
- Work with engineers to assist in reviews of rejects in performing defect analysis.
- Works from CAD models ( Solidworks), drawings, sketches and specifications where general but not detailed inspection information is provided.
- Prepare written records and reports and recommend inspection procedures as required. Reports on quality trends and provides full information on failures to supervisors.
- Complete production logistics by moving / transacting materials and information through the computer based production system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to comprehend specifications, schematics, wiring diagrams, mil-specs, and purchase order and to apply a level of knowledge necessary to test and inspect normally acquired through post high school technical education. Also desired at least 4 years of working experience in an optical inspection environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work safely on fragile, high-value optics and various optical glasses.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination and excellent visual acuity and be detail oriented.
- Must have necessary skills in geometry and trigonometry to calculate dimensions, angles and radii and thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be proficient in inspection techniques including use of inspection equipment such as sine bar, micro-height, comparators and leveling plates.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical and optical inspection.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of ESD precautions and requirements.
- Must have knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Utilize sampling plans and switching techniques outlined in MIL-STD-105.
- Should possess required computer skills and ability to interface with plant systems (e.g. document control system, manufacturing execution system, optical testing software, etc.).
- A drive for continuous improvement, flexible and willing to learn new things.
Desired, but not required, skills:
- Familiar with military and aerospace specifications and purchase orders and prints.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- IPC-610 Certification
- Quality Engineer in Peterborough NH
- Internal Audit Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- 5-axis CNC programmer in Manchester CT
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Inventory Control Associate in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Warehouse Associate in Norwood MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Industrial Controls Technician III in Olive Branch MS
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Altium Designer in Lawrenceville GA
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN