We are currently hiring for an Applications Engineer to join our essential Electronics organization in Methuen, MA!
The Application Engineer will be responsible for the engineering of fiber optic and copper cable assemblies in support of new sales opportunities. The position will be responsible for generating cost estimates and drafting proposals for potential applications for military/aerospace fiber optic and copper assembly products. The individual will report to the Engineering Manager and will interface with Order Administration, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production functions in order to achieve the goal of securing new business.
- Drafting proposals for customer applications
- Interfacing with customer to ensure the best cable design
- Respond to customer request for status of proposals
- Interface with outside suppliers for specification, price, and delivery of components with support from the Materials Manager
- Engineering design (CAD) of products to meet customers’ requirements
- Management of the transfer of new products into manufacturing
- Management and tracking of proposal requests
- Create Bill of Materials
- BS in a technical discipline with a minimum of 3-5 yrs experience
- Proven track record as an applications engineer
- Exceptional working knowledge of all MS Office software products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of fiber optic termination processes – preferred (company will train if necessary)
- Knowledge of Wire and cable harness processes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and quality metric driven
- Working knowledge of a drawing software tool such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or equivalent
- Familiarity with military fiber optics and military connectors is a plus.