This position will be responsible for supporting the design and development of new projects assigned along with supporting the manufacturing area with design related issues. New project development consists of, but is not limited to, tool and pattern design, bill of material and traveler/shop router creation, and development of part drawings. A self-motivated and self-directed person with an ability to develop innovative solutions and designs is required along with the ability meet and exceed customers’ project deadlines.
- Coordinate with project engineers on new product layout utilizing good verbal and organizational skills with minimal supervision.
- Support manufacturing during initial production runs.
- Create full assemblies for fit up and alignment of parts.
- Checks models, drawings, ECO's and BOM's for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications and accuracy of calculations, dimensions and tolerancing.
- Possess basic knowledge of parametric modeling from part and sheet metal to full assembly modeling (i.e. sketches, placing constraints properly, etc.).
- Assists in the generation of 3D solid models of parts and assemblies to ensure proper fit, form and function. Performs interference and tolerance stack up analysis.
- Ensure item and bill of material attributes are accurate and maintained in PLM system.
- BSME or Engineering Technician (3-5 years experience)
- Familiarity and general knowledge of patterning and tooling
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with CATIA V5 or Similar CAD Software
- Fluent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/blueprints