We are seeking a Design Drafter in the Lawrenceville, GA area. The Design Drafter lays out complete products and prepares assembly and detail drawings, following the general instructions and directions of engineers. Prepares bills of material and specifications as specified by engineers.
Responsibilities of the Design Drafter
- Prepares layouts, assembly, and detail drawings for new or improved products, special machinery design, test equipment, tools, fixtures, and gauge design, etc.
- Prepares initial drawings on designated products as specified by engineers.
- Provides information when required for cost estimating, such as blank layouts and processing sketches as directed by engineers.
- Makes orthographic or isometric illustrations required for sales aids and manufacturing as directed by engineers.
- Maintains drawing files.
- Makes and distributes blueline prints and copies as required.
Requirements of the Design Drafter
- Two (2) years high school or trade school education in mechanical drawing and related areas is helpful.
- Must be proficient with Auto CADD Rev. 12.
- Well-rounded, practical experience may be substituted for formal training.
- Electrical knowledge required.