The Davis Companies is partnering with a leading aerospace manufacturer in Phoenix who is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team. You will be bringing highly complex, dense, rugged and secure electronic packaging solutions to our nation’s warfighters and first responders. The Signal Integrity Engineering team supports all of our current and future product developments.
Responsibilities of Electrical Engineer:
• Design and model high frequency PCB’s, backplanes, cables and flex circuits up to 25Gb/s for rugged applications
• Support RF simulations
• Participate in all aspects of engineering review process which includes schematic review, functional specification, PCB placement review and PCB routing review
• Stackup creation and guidance to hardware engineers
• Design DDR2/ DDR3 and DDR4 interfaces for Mercury hardware. Which includes timing analysis
• Conduct power integrity including AC and DC analysis and provide feedback to layout / hardware engineering
• Conduct cross talk analysis and provide feedback to layout and hardware engineering
• Documenting signal integrity rules for hardware engineers and CAD layout
• Developed technology roadmaps and design of experiments (DOE) for continuous improvement and innovation
Requirements of Electrical Engineer:
• 5+ years of SI experience in high speed/RF/DDR designs,
• Experience with the following industry standards: PCIe Gen2 / Gen3, InfiniBand (DDR, FDR, FDR-10), USB 3.0, SATA and other high speed interfaces
• Experience with SERDES tuning
• Experience with Allegro and PADS layout tools
• Simulation of passive and active components with the following tool sets: Ansys HFSS and HFSS 3D Layout, SIwave Electronics Desktop , HSPICE, Q3D, Keysight ADS, and SiSoft QSI / QCD
• Familiar with printed circuit board stackups and materials
• Ability to use lab equipment such as high bandwidth oscilloscopes and VNA’s
• S-parameter modeling methodology along with lab measured S-parameters
• PDN Decoupling analysis, IR Drop/Jmax analysis, S-parameter analysis, RLC lumped analysis
• Time-Domain Transient IBIS/IBIS-AMI
• Solid understanding of electromagnetic and transmission line theory, general I/O design, signal integrity, differential and single ended interface technologies.
• Clear understanding of power distribution network design and optimization techniques.
• Must be a US Citizen.