Our client located in Franklin, Ma is looking for an Electrical/Software Engineer to join their team on a contract to hire basis.
The Electrical/Software Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise, PCB and software/firmware design and generation input to contribute to the research and product development initiatives for electro-mechanical products.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work within the new product development team to provide technical design solutions for electrical and software based prototypes and products.
- Electrical and software design support as part of a cross-functional project management team to meet prototype, preproduction and production deadlines.
- Direct involvement in electrical and software design efforts starting at concept and continuing through prototype, release to production and through product end of life.
- Assure electrical and software based design solutions are developed, implemented, tested and documented in accordance with professional standards and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support board and component suppliers and vendors as well as agency test house when needed, some travel required.
- Set-up and operational support of production test stations for electrical assemblies. Coordinate, document and support new product release and revision control of electrical components and assemblies within the company, with out-side contractors, services and suppliers.
- Assist Quality and Production as needed for support of products, failure analysis and RMA of electrical and software component assemblies.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Software Engineering and/or a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in advanced electronics and software design and development.
- Proven experience in circuit board development, release to prototype and revision change coordination.
- Proficient with latest design software tools and a willingness to learn new application software
- Ability to work and multi-task within a cross-functional team.