Instrument and Valve Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Instrument and Valve Engineer
Title:Instrument and Valve Engineer
Instrumentation and Valve Engineer
We are partnering with a highly respected engineering firm in Marietta, Ga, in their search for an Instrument and Valve Engineer. This is a Temp to Perm position. The Instrument and Valve Engineer determines, selects and specifies the types/models of all instruments and valves used in all projects. He or she generates estimates of scope and cost for project proposals, purchases, checks and installs and is responsible for the quality assurance and problem resolution in instrumentation and valve reliability.
- Working from process and instrumentation drawings, heat and mass, vessel and plant layout drawings developed by the Process Engineer, produces instrumentation specifications.
- Issues specifications of the instruments and valves for suppliers to quote (reviewed by Process Engineer). Checks received quotes and re-verifies per specifications, determining that purchasing and automation is fit for purpose.
- Co-ordinates with suppliers of instrumentation on international global basis to ensure that specifications and costs for instrumentation are at or below budget for each project.
- Works with Purchasing Manager in issuing purchase orders to suppliers.
- Collaborates with Sales team to produce descriptions and budgetary costs for use in customer proposals for instruments and controls.
- Designs, inspects and tests panels. Travels as necessary to customer site and panel shops to assist with field check and with panel inspections.
- Prepares instrumentation loop drawings for clients’ contractors’ use to be able to wire the plant.
- Collects and distributes manuals for instruments and controls for issue to customer and customers’ contractors.
- Ensures all instruments selected meet local code stipulations and meet customers’ expectations concerns such as branding.
- Inspects of instruments and valves prior to shipping.
- Takes a lead role in working with global vendors for instruments and valves to determine best means for Supplier agreements to reduce costs.
- Inspects instrumentations at suppliers’ locations prior to shipment to our customers.
- Checks panels at suppliers’ locations; usually local to company office.
- Performs customer site visits to assist with process startups, overseeing pre-startup testing/I/O check out, checking installation progress and creating punch lists, trouble-shooting the process after operating, and providing other assistance as needed; travels to customer sites in North and Latin America as required.
- Uses computer-aided engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated engineering experience, preferably in liquids and solids processing, required; experience in instrumentation preferred.
- Proficiency in all facets of process instrumentation and control systems project design and implementation necessary.
- Expertise in specification of instrumentation, control valves, and other controls hardware necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID and ability to read vessel drawings necessary.
- Self-starter with ability to work and achieve goals independently and efficiently as well as be a strong collaborative partner necessary.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, organizational and planning skills necessary; must be able to handle several tasks concurrently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point required; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Blue Beam AX necessary; familiarity with CIS and Drawing Archive System preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
- 1st Shift Electrical Manufacturing Technician in Brooklyn Park MN
- 1st Shift Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift - Control Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accountant in Bartlett TN
- Accounting Analyst in King of Prussia PA
- Shipping Receiving Coordinator in New Hope MN
- Material Handler II in Westboro MA
- Revenue Analyst in Lowell MA
- Customer Quality Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr Quality System Engineer in Eden Prairie MN
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Quality Engineer in Peterborough NH
- Internal Audit Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Warehouse Associate in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Quality Specialist in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Manual Machinist - Jig in Central Manchester CT
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Warehouse Associate in Norwood MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Industrial Controls Technician III in Olive Branch MS
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA