Instrument and Valve Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Instrument and Valve Engineer
Title:Instrument and Valve Engineer
Instrumentation and Valve Engineer
We are partnering with a highly respected engineering firm in Marietta, Ga, in their search for an Instrument and Valve Engineer. This is a Temp to Perm position. The Instrument and Valve Engineer determines, selects and specifies the types/models of all instruments and valves used in all projects. He or she generates estimates of scope and cost for project proposals, purchases, checks and installs and is responsible for the quality assurance and problem resolution in instrumentation and valve reliability.
- Working from process and instrumentation drawings, heat and mass, vessel and plant layout drawings developed by the Process Engineer, produces instrumentation specifications.
- Issues specifications of the instruments and valves for suppliers to quote (reviewed by Process Engineer). Checks received quotes and re-verifies per specifications, determining that purchasing and automation is fit for purpose.
- Co-ordinates with suppliers of instrumentation on international global basis to ensure that specifications and costs for instrumentation are at or below budget for each project.
- Works with Purchasing Manager in issuing purchase orders to suppliers.
- Collaborates with Sales team to produce descriptions and budgetary costs for use in customer proposals for instruments and controls.
- Designs, inspects and tests panels. Travels as necessary to customer site and panel shops to assist with field check and with panel inspections.
- Prepares instrumentation loop drawings for clients’ contractors’ use to be able to wire the plant.
- Collects and distributes manuals for instruments and controls for issue to customer and customers’ contractors.
- Ensures all instruments selected meet local code stipulations and meet customers’ expectations concerns such as branding.
- Inspects of instruments and valves prior to shipping.
- Takes a lead role in working with global vendors for instruments and valves to determine best means for Supplier agreements to reduce costs.
- Inspects instrumentations at suppliers’ locations prior to shipment to our customers.
- Checks panels at suppliers’ locations; usually local to company office.
- Performs customer site visits to assist with process startups, overseeing pre-startup testing/I/O check out, checking installation progress and creating punch lists, trouble-shooting the process after operating, and providing other assistance as needed; travels to customer sites in North and Latin America as required.
- Uses computer-aided engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated engineering experience, preferably in liquids and solids processing, required; experience in instrumentation preferred.
- Proficiency in all facets of process instrumentation and control systems project design and implementation necessary.
- Expertise in specification of instrumentation, control valves, and other controls hardware necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID and ability to read vessel drawings necessary.
- Self-starter with ability to work and achieve goals independently and efficiently as well as be a strong collaborative partner necessary.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, organizational and planning skills necessary; must be able to handle several tasks concurrently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point required; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Blue Beam AX necessary; familiarity with CIS and Drawing Archive System preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Quality Control Inspector in Cumming GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Inventory Controller in Lebanon NH
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Deployment Team in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Electromechanical Technician in Beverly MA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- 2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Mechanical Assembler- 2nd Shift in Santa Fe Springs CA
- machinists- 2nd shift 3p-11 in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Technical Accounting Manager in Billerica MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Assembly Specialist in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Buyer in Woburn MA
- Systems Development Co-op in Milford MA
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN