Instrument and Valve Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Instrument and Valve Engineer
Title:Instrument and Valve Engineer
Instrumentation and Valve Engineer
We are partnering with a highly respected engineering firm in Marietta, Ga, in their search for an Instrument and Valve Engineer. This is a Temp to Perm position. The Instrument and Valve Engineer determines, selects and specifies the types/models of all instruments and valves used in all projects. He or she generates estimates of scope and cost for project proposals, purchases, checks and installs and is responsible for the quality assurance and problem resolution in instrumentation and valve reliability.
- Working from process and instrumentation drawings, heat and mass, vessel and plant layout drawings developed by the Process Engineer, produces instrumentation specifications.
- Issues specifications of the instruments and valves for suppliers to quote (reviewed by Process Engineer). Checks received quotes and re-verifies per specifications, determining that purchasing and automation is fit for purpose.
- Co-ordinates with suppliers of instrumentation on international global basis to ensure that specifications and costs for instrumentation are at or below budget for each project.
- Works with Purchasing Manager in issuing purchase orders to suppliers.
- Collaborates with Sales team to produce descriptions and budgetary costs for use in customer proposals for instruments and controls.
- Designs, inspects and tests panels. Travels as necessary to customer site and panel shops to assist with field check and with panel inspections.
- Prepares instrumentation loop drawings for clients’ contractors’ use to be able to wire the plant.
- Collects and distributes manuals for instruments and controls for issue to customer and customers’ contractors.
- Ensures all instruments selected meet local code stipulations and meet customers’ expectations concerns such as branding.
- Inspects of instruments and valves prior to shipping.
- Takes a lead role in working with global vendors for instruments and valves to determine best means for Supplier agreements to reduce costs.
- Inspects instrumentations at suppliers’ locations prior to shipment to our customers.
- Checks panels at suppliers’ locations; usually local to company office.
- Performs customer site visits to assist with process startups, overseeing pre-startup testing/I/O check out, checking installation progress and creating punch lists, trouble-shooting the process after operating, and providing other assistance as needed; travels to customer sites in North and Latin America as required.
- Uses computer-aided engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated engineering experience, preferably in liquids and solids processing, required; experience in instrumentation preferred.
- Proficiency in all facets of process instrumentation and control systems project design and implementation necessary.
- Expertise in specification of instrumentation, control valves, and other controls hardware necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID and ability to read vessel drawings necessary.
- Self-starter with ability to work and achieve goals independently and efficiently as well as be a strong collaborative partner necessary.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, organizational and planning skills necessary; must be able to handle several tasks concurrently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point required; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Blue Beam AX necessary; familiarity with CIS and Drawing Archive System preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
- Stockroom- 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- CNC Programmer in Atlanta GA
- Catheter Assembler in Marlborough MA
- Machine Operator II in Nashua NH
- Quality Technician in Littleton MA
- Branch Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Customer Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Medical Lab Technologist - Medical Technologist in Norwood MA
- Rework Operator in Nashua NH
- Maintenance Mechanic in North Dighton MA
- International Trade Compliance in Ashland MA
- Sand & Deburr in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Assembly Process Manager in Beverly MA
- QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN in Beverly MA
- RF Design Engineer in Beverly MA
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Compressor Operation – General Assembly Line. in Flowery Branch GA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- RMA Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Assistant in Los Alamitos CA
- Wiring Technician in Norcross GA
- Lead Electrical Control Panel Technician - Final Testing in Plymouth MN
- Warehouse Associate in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Quality Engineer I in Cordova TN
- Marketing Respresentative in Acton MA
- Quality Engineer in Sturbridge MA
- Process Design Engineer in North Canton OH
- Forklift Driver in Memphis TN
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- 1st Shift General Laborer in Gloucester City NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Account Payable Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Machine Operator in Millbury MA
- Quality Inspector-Auditor 2nd shift in Sturbridge MA
- Documentation Specialist in Sturbridge MA
- Quality Assurance Tester in Suwanee GA
- Principal Software Engineer in MA
- Second Shift Thin Film Tech in Millbury MA
- Shipping Associate in Duluth GA
- Shipper II in Waltham MA
- Wiring Technician in Duluth GA
- Videographer in Marlborough MA
- Mechanical Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Design Assurance Engineer in San Antonio TX
- Shipping Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse - Receiver in Suwanee GA
- 3rd Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Manchester NH
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Technical Support - Level II in Moorestown NJ
- Technical Support - Level I in Moorestown NJ
- Expeditor in MA
- Wiring Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Executive Administrative Assistant in Gloucester City NJ
- Retainer Inspector in Los Alamitos CA
- Welder in Branford CT
- CNC Machinist-Shift Lead in Flowery Branch GA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Kennesaw GA
- Payroll Benefits Specialist in Memphis TN
- Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Visual Inspector in Norwood MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Littleton MA
- Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist in Milford MA
- R&D Assistant in Lynn MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Sunrise FL
- Plant Electrician in Milford MA
- Receiving-Packaging in Memphis TN
- Buyer in Lynn MA
- Electrical Engineering Manager in Jacksonville FL
- Mechanical Engineering Manger in Jacksonville FL
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- CNC Machine operator- 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Product Specialist in Bridgeport NJ
- Sr. Business Systems Analyst in Memphis TN
- Business Systems Analyst in Memphis TN
- QC Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Asst, Lab I in Mobile AL
- Facilities Maintenance Tech in Flowery Branch GA
- 2nd Shift Mazak Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Procurement Specialist in Alpharetta GA
- Assemblers in Jefferson GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse Specialist in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Memphis TN
- Material Planner in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Industrial Motor Assembly Technician in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Industrial Engineering Manager in Gainesville GA
- Principal Software Engineer in MA
- Embedded Software Engineer in Watertown MA
- Mechanical Engineer in CA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Patient Positioning Tech in Oklahoma City OK
- Assembly Technician in Alpharetta GA