Instrument and Valve Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Instrument and Valve Engineer
Title:Instrument and Valve Engineer
Instrumentation and Valve Engineer
We are partnering with a highly respected engineering firm in Marietta, Ga, in their search for an Instrument and Valve Engineer. This is a Temp to Perm position. The Instrument and Valve Engineer determines, selects and specifies the types/models of all instruments and valves used in all projects. He or she generates estimates of scope and cost for project proposals, purchases, checks and installs and is responsible for the quality assurance and problem resolution in instrumentation and valve reliability.
- Working from process and instrumentation drawings, heat and mass, vessel and plant layout drawings developed by the Process Engineer, produces instrumentation specifications.
- Issues specifications of the instruments and valves for suppliers to quote (reviewed by Process Engineer). Checks received quotes and re-verifies per specifications, determining that purchasing and automation is fit for purpose.
- Co-ordinates with suppliers of instrumentation on international global basis to ensure that specifications and costs for instrumentation are at or below budget for each project.
- Works with Purchasing Manager in issuing purchase orders to suppliers.
- Collaborates with Sales team to produce descriptions and budgetary costs for use in customer proposals for instruments and controls.
- Designs, inspects and tests panels. Travels as necessary to customer site and panel shops to assist with field check and with panel inspections.
- Prepares instrumentation loop drawings for clients’ contractors’ use to be able to wire the plant.
- Collects and distributes manuals for instruments and controls for issue to customer and customers’ contractors.
- Ensures all instruments selected meet local code stipulations and meet customers’ expectations concerns such as branding.
- Inspects of instruments and valves prior to shipping.
- Takes a lead role in working with global vendors for instruments and valves to determine best means for Supplier agreements to reduce costs.
- Inspects instrumentations at suppliers’ locations prior to shipment to our customers.
- Checks panels at suppliers’ locations; usually local to company office.
- Performs customer site visits to assist with process startups, overseeing pre-startup testing/I/O check out, checking installation progress and creating punch lists, trouble-shooting the process after operating, and providing other assistance as needed; travels to customer sites in North and Latin America as required.
- Uses computer-aided engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated engineering experience, preferably in liquids and solids processing, required; experience in instrumentation preferred.
- Proficiency in all facets of process instrumentation and control systems project design and implementation necessary.
- Expertise in specification of instrumentation, control valves, and other controls hardware necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID and ability to read vessel drawings necessary.
- Self-starter with ability to work and achieve goals independently and efficiently as well as be a strong collaborative partner necessary.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, organizational and planning skills necessary; must be able to handle several tasks concurrently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point required; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Blue Beam AX necessary; familiarity with CIS and Drawing Archive System preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
- Electrical Manufacturing Technician - Control Panel Builder in Oakdale MN
- Quality Assurance in Mansfield MA
- Jr. Buyer in Hudson NH
- Manufacturing Associate in Hudson MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Machine Operator in Duluth GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Buyer - Planner in Peabody MA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Norcross GA
- Press Brake Machine Operator in Peabody MA
- Electro Mechanical Assembler in Lowell MA
- Chemistry Technician I in Golden CO
- Controls Engineer in Mt. Washington KY
- Electronic Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Estimator in Pendergrass GA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Assembly-Production Tech in Golden CO
- Assembler, CT in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Shipping & Recieving in Alpharetta GA
- Estimation Technician in Memphis TN
- CAD Modeler in Carrolton GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Inventory Clerk in Rochester NH
- Computer - Production Technician in Rochester NH
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Billerica MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Machine Operator III in Bridgeport NJ
- Machine Operator I in Bridgeport NJ
- Payroll-HR Clerk in Millville NJ
- Credit Specialist in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Warehouse - General Labor in Oxford MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Specialist in Milford MA
- Test Operator in Nashua NH
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Order Picker in Wilsonville OR
- Associate CMM Layout Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Entry Level Staff Accountant in Golden CO
- Maintenance Mechanic in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Programmer in Leominster MA
- Document Control Specialist in North Billerica MA
- CNC Turning Machinist in Milford MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanics - 2nd and 3rd shifts in Lincoln RI
- Assembler-Kitter in Norwood MA
- Electrical Design Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Westborough MA
- Custodian in Westborough MA
- Production Supervisor in Conyers GA
- Candidate Experience Coordinator in Manhattan NY
- Diesel Technician in Lilburn GA
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Controls Technician in Portland ME
- Manual Machinist in New Haven CT
- Engineer, Navigation Systems 18-0054 in Alhambra CA
- Sr Electrical Designer in Minneapolis MN
- IT Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Engineer in Dover NH
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Advanced Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Endoscope Technician in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Industrial Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Executive Assistant in Newton MA
- Logistics Clerk in Franklin MA
- Machine shop Lead - Supervisor - Operations Support in Central Manchester CT
- Preventative Maintenance Tech - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Mechanical - Incoming Inspector in Hudson NH
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- EHS Technician - Environmental Health & Safety Tech in Maple Grove MN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Lab Analyst in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Hollis NH
- MOCVD Section Manager- 18-0011 in Alhambra CA
- Product Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Shrewsbury MA
- Electronics Technician in Framingham MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Bartlett TN
- Test Tech - 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Test Operator 2nd shift in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II-III 2nd shift in Westboro
- EM Assembler I-II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- Test Operator - AOI -1st shift in Westboro MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Production Supervisor in Shrewsbury MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Millville NJ
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- Senior RF Design Engineer, R&D 18-0060 in Alhambra CA