We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our client on a contract to hire basis in Marlborough, Ma.
This individual will be responsible for transitioning electro mechanical (refrigeration) products from product development to in-house manufacturing and to support manufacturing operations. The candidate will also be responsible for engineering changes and working within a multi-disciplinary team consisting of both internal and external resources.
Primary responsibilities will be:
- Design of electro mechanical (refrigeration) in-house manufacturing and test equipment. Will work with both internal and external resources to fabricate, verify, and validate.
- Create documentation to support product/manufacturing release and ongoing production support.
- Key contributor to product development including the generation of specifications and design documentation compliant with ISO design control requirements for production.
- Project management through communication with internal engineering personnel, contract manufacturers, and suppliers, regarding progress and details of multiple projects
- Provide hands-on problem solving support within the project team, both internal and external.
- Implementation of continued product improvements, cost reductions, design changes, etc.
- Maintenance of manufacturing files and databases per internal design control procedures.
- Possess a solid understanding or background in lean manufacturing, fixture design, detailed part design, design for manufacturing and assembly practices.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated evidence of the following characteristics:
- A proactive, self motivated and results-oriented independent individual.
- Ability to work well in a highly focused small business environment while also performing a wide range of activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and decision making ability. Ability to develop project schedules and coordinate multiple project tasks.
- Ability to get things done in a timely and precise manner.
- Personable team player able to both give and receive constructive comments and criticism.
- Flexibility to multi-task.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 5+ years experience working in a commercial product development environment, small company experience preferred.
- Direct experience working in ISO 9001:2015 regulated manufacturing environments.
- Proficiency with MS Office, SolidWorks, and ERP systems (Epicor).