We are partnering with an engineering firm in Decatur, AL who is looking for a PROJECT ENGINEER to be a leading member of a multi-discipline design team. This is a contract to hire opportunity with a company who is growing at a rapid rate.
- Develop conceptual design basis documentation and perform calculations to size pumps, control valves and analyze the performance of pipeline systems.
- Work with design personnel to develop and deliver engineering drawings such as PFDs and P&IDs, and construction documents including plan, section, and isometric piping drawings.
- Work with business group to develop labor and cost estimates for potential projects.
- Lead mechanical work and coordinate all aspects of projects with the client and other disciplines
- Oversee the development of material and equipment specifications and bills of materials.
- Assist in procurement of materials and equipment by issuing requests for bid/quote, analyzing proposals and providing recommendations to clients.
- Review work of junior engineers and designers to ensure designs meet technical requirements provided by the client, meet industry, national and local codes and standards and follow good engineering and design practices.
- Manage project by tracking schedule and budget and by providing project reports both internally and to clients.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance and Quality Control for all mechanical engineering documents and drawings for assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering 8 to 10 plus years of experience in mechanical engineering with experience in the industrial market and manufacturing processes
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Ability to research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design and application
- Able to create and develop specifications
- Reverse engineering of mechanical systems
- Ability to carry out design calculations as directed by Project/Lead Engineers
- Experience evaluating field installations and recommending design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions
- Experience performing preliminary analysis and feasibility studies
- Contact fabricators or suppliers to obtain pricing information
- Heavy background in industrial facilities and light commercial