Molding Process Engineer
Molding Process Engineer
We are looking for a Molding Process Engineer to join our client in Upland, Ca on a contract or contract to hire basis.
The purpose of this position is to design and develop manufacturing systems with emphasis on new molds and molding processes. This position oversees the development, setup, monitoring, adjustment, and efficient operations of machines and auxiliary equipment pertaining to our injection molding and assembly operations. This position is also responsible for the training of technical staff and Cell Leaders in the proper use and maintenance of new equipment and to seek ways to increase efficiencies and reduce down times and scrap rates.
- Design and develop new molds, molding processes, techniques, process improvements and cost reductions.
- Perform data analysis and/or write progress reports on existing manufacturing processes to ensure performance is within expectations.
- Perform analysis on customer returns to determine root cause of failures or complaints.
- Procure new equipment and necessary training as required.
- Repair or arrange for repair of equipment or facilities in the manufacturing area as required.
- Lead activities of Process Technicians and in support of assigned projects.
- Provide process and/or equipment training to process technicians and operators as required.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships as appropriate.
- Responsible for new process implementation and current production process improvement / optimization.
- Develops and runs IQ/OQ/PQ and documents these processes/protocols.
- Monitors all assembly operations, tracking efficiency and potential issues.
- Identifying and analyzing of flows, layout, and workplaces.
- Troubleshooting (root cause analysis) and solving equipment and process issues.
- Will be "hands-on" technical support for operations and will train all personnel associated with the maintenance, training, and other areas of the injection molding and assembly room departments.
- Works closely with Production Supervisors and Technical Team members, and will be in a position to influence others in regards to production strategy and decisions.
- Manages project budgets and timelines.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (design of experiments, measurement R&R, and statistical process control).
- Working knowledge of machining, tools, fixturing, and assembly practices.
- Knowledge and working experience with mechanical (indicators, micrometers, etc.) and electronic metrology instrumentation (CMM, Interferometer, Confocal microscope, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Advanced PC skills with standard MS Office software.
- Experience working on the actual molds in the tooling part of plastic injection molding, taking apart and adjusting molds on a regular basis.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering field, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a medium/high volume manufacturing environment (injection molding, assembly, etc.)