Molding Process Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Molding Process Engineer
Title:Molding Process Engineer
We are looking for a Molding Process Engineer to join our client in Upland, Ca on a contract or contract to hire basis.
The purpose of this position is to design and develop manufacturing systems with emphasis on new molds and molding processes. This position oversees the development, setup, monitoring, adjustment, and efficient operations of machines and auxiliary equipment pertaining to our injection molding and assembly operations. This position is also responsible for the training of technical staff and Cell Leaders in the proper use and maintenance of new equipment and to seek ways to increase efficiencies and reduce down times and scrap rates.
- Design and develop new molds, molding processes, techniques, process improvements and cost reductions.
- Perform data analysis and/or write progress reports on existing manufacturing processes to ensure performance is within expectations.
- Perform analysis on customer returns to determine root cause of failures or complaints.
- Procure new equipment and necessary training as required.
- Repair or arrange for repair of equipment or facilities in the manufacturing area as required.
- Lead activities of Process Technicians and in support of assigned projects.
- Provide process and/or equipment training to process technicians and operators as required.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships as appropriate.
- Responsible for new process implementation and current production process improvement / optimization.
- Develops and runs IQ/OQ/PQ and documents these processes/protocols.
- Monitors all assembly operations, tracking efficiency and potential issues.
- Identifying and analyzing of flows, layout, and workplaces.
- Troubleshooting (root cause analysis) and solving equipment and process issues.
- Will be "hands-on" technical support for operations and will train all personnel associated with the maintenance, training, and other areas of the injection molding and assembly room departments.
- Works closely with Production Supervisors and Technical Team members, and will be in a position to influence others in regards to production strategy and decisions.
- Manages project budgets and timelines.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (design of experiments, measurement R&R, and statistical process control).
- Working knowledge of machining, tools, fixturing, and assembly practices.
- Knowledge and working experience with mechanical (indicators, micrometers, etc.) and electronic metrology instrumentation (CMM, Interferometer, Confocal microscope, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Advanced PC skills with standard MS Office software.
- Experience working on the actual molds in the tooling part of plastic injection molding, taking apart and adjusting molds on a regular basis.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering field, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a medium/high volume manufacturing environment (injection molding, assembly, etc.)
- EM Assembler in Waltham MA
- Account Manager in Franklin MA
- Stockroom- 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- 2nd Shift Welding Lead-Supervisor in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Compliance Specialist in Cordova TN
- Sr. Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Plant Cost Controller in Hudson MA
- EM Assembler in Walpole MA
- Continuous Improvement Leader in Newnan GA
- EM Tech, 2nd shift in Danvers MA
- TIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Millville NJ
- 3rd Shift Router Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Mechanical Engineer II in MA
- Director of Operations in Suwanee GA
- Purchasing & Quoting Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Mfg Process Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Production control Clerk in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- CNC Programmer in Kennesaw GA
- Manual Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in Newton MA
- Personal Assistant in Needham Heights MA
- MIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Shop Team Lead in Flowery Branch GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Client Services Advisor in Alpharetta GA
- Buyer in Duluth GA
- CNC Machinist-Operator - 2nd Shift in Kennesaw GA
- CNC Machinist-Operator in Kennesaw GA
- Document Control Specialist in Wayland MA
- Principal Electro-Optical Tech in Eagleville PA
- Mechanic in Denver CO
- E&I Technician - 3rd shift 11p-7a in South Brunswick NJ
- Accounts Payable Clerk in Flowery Branch GA
- Purchasing Associate in Flowery Branch GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Robotics Engineer in Memphis TN
- Optical Coatings Technician in Nashua NH
- Chief inspector 2nd shift in Rochester NH
- Receptionist in burlington MA
- Electronic Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Customer Service Representative in Cottage Grove MN
- Director of Engineering in New Hudson MI
- Packaging Assembler in Plymouth MA
- CAD Drafter in Dahlonega GA
- Project Manager in Suwanee GA
- Packager II in Memphis TN
- Grind Operator - Assembler in Lebanon NH
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- Roller, In-process Inspector in Lebanon NH
- Ring Finishing Cell Technician 2nd and 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Sr Controls Engineer in MA
- Screen Print Operator in Norwood MA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Duluth GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Newton MA
- Systems Engineer in Bedford MA
- Shop Technician (Mechanical) in Suwanee GA
- Manufacturing Technician in Hopkinton MA
- Material Handler in Westford MA
- Quality Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Rework Operator (Hand solderer) in Angleton TX
- Clickshare Tech Support in Duluth GA
- Optical Coatings Engineer in Nashua NH
- Project Manager in Alpharetta GA
- Customer Accounts Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Civil Engineer II in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Manager in Highland Heights OH
- Documentation Specialist in Warwick RI
- SMT Operator III in Westboro MA
- Accounting Assistant in Worcester MA
- Field Service Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Incoming inspector in Austin TX
- Inventory Clerk in Waltham MA
- Optical Design Engineer in Keene NH
- Senior Oracle Apps DBA in Lowell MA
- Cloud Software Engineer Intern in Milford MA
- Administrative Assistant in Southborough MA
- CNC Manufacturing Engineer in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Quality Inspector - Final Acceptance Inspector in Branford CT
- Optics Engineer in Bedford MA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- EM Assembler II (direct) in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Technician (EM Assembler) in Marlborough MA
- QC Inspector in Marlborough MA
- T&E Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Production Manager 2nd shift in Billerica MA
- Executive Assistant in Littleton MA
- Maintenance Parts Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Principal Mechanical Engineer in IL
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- Senior Manager of Quality in Waltham MA
- Continuous Improvement Manager in Atlanta GA
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan GA
- Technical Recruiter - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Inspector II in Memphis TN
- Receptionist in Littleton MA
- W2 Print Production Specialist in Louisville KY