Position Summary of the Project Engineer:
The Vineland manufacturing location is a 58,000-square-foot facility producing savory products used in many industries serving North America. The Project Engineer will oversee and direct the daily operations of the plant facilities.
Job Responsibilities of the Project Engineer:
- Display a commitment to lead, participate and support ongoing safety including value based safety efforts.
- Lead project work including maintenance as well as oversight for capital and expense projects (AFEs), including budget and timing
- Participate in the daily operations of the facilities which include safety and environmental compliance, food safety, quality control, labor relations, production, cost optimization, sustainability, inventory, shipping and receiving.
- Participate in the safety committee and food safety teams
- Understanding of all operations, rules, regulations, policies and have the ability to communicate those requirements effectively to the plant workforce
- Manage performance development for all colleagues under your leadership
- Effectively use communication channels for proper coordination to provide solutions and promote teamwork among various groups such as production, quality, maintenance, engineering, quality, and inventory, R&D, shipping & receiving
Job Requirements of the Project Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Food Science (or equivalent experience) supplemented with a minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience in food/flavor/ingredients manufacturing
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be strongly considered
- Must have a proven ability to manage effectively within a team based work environment with superior verbal and written communication skill
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships and employee development with demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- Individual must be committed to corporate ethics policies & safety programs
- Demonstrated capacity to excel within high risk, fast-paced work environment and results driven to provide support and achieve goals established by the division
- Proven ability to assess business and financial risk and exercise sound judgment in making decisions