The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of the project. He or she is the primary contact and central hub for all stakeholders in the project which typically includes the general contractor, end user, production team, installation team, and sometimes other trades.
- Defines and tracks essential checkpoints to ensure timely progress of each piece of the project
- Capturing and communicating project details and expectations to customers and other stakeholders
- Participating in the design process by recording ideas, coordinating and submitting shop drawings, and receiving and recording approvals of shop submissions
- Assists in the procurement of non-stocked materials needed for production of the project
- Places purchase orders for custom pieces needed from approved vendors in appropriate time for project completion
- Provides status updates of projects to management, the engineering team, and production team in weekly meetings
- Resolve problems discovered during any phase of the project lifecycle by proposing solutions to arrive at the best possible outcome
- Needs to be capable of handling multiple projects at a time.
- 3-5 years managing construction projects
- The ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, and project requirements with keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills are essential and professional demeanor and appearance
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications
- Excellent time management and ability to achieve deadlines