We are looking for a looking for a Quality Coordinator to join our client in Mansfield, Ma on a contract to hire basis. The Quality Coordinator will support the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Departments, including the preparation, editing, review and approval of Quality Assurance and Quality Control documents, maintenance of controlled distribution databases and maintenance of electronic document files. Provide back-up support for Quality Coordinator II.
- Reviews and approves reports of chemical analysis, mechanical properties, impact and drop weight tests, corrosion tests, heat treatment and hardness tests by comparison with material specification to assure compliance with ASME Code and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Initiates Receiving Inspection Checklist by extracting Quality requirements from the QAI, QAP, MICP, and material specification to allow performance of Receiving Inspection activities and facilitate material transfer to stock.
- Reviews and approves of special process (welding, NDE, heat treatment, etc.) documentation by comparison to the detailed requirements of the procedures to assure compliance with ASME Code and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Contacts Suppliers of documentation on deficiencies by interface with Supplier Quality Management personnel to delineate and clarify specification requirements and recommend correction action.
- Contacts affected departments regarding documentation deficiencies by timely interface with responsible personnel to enhance appropriate expediting and scheduling adjustment activities.
- Responsible for the review and approval of Supplier Documentation to assure that all purchased material, equipment and services confirm to procurement specifications. Interfaces with Suppliers regarding procurement documentation and with other Emerson departments regarding purchased material, equipment and services. Responsible for implementing Supplier Performance Rating Program.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Associates Degree in technical discipline or High School Diploma/GED plus 3-5 years of relevant experience such as familiarity with materials, welding, NDE and QA systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to learn new or upgraded applications independently as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communications, as well as interpersonal skills