RF Design Engineer
RF Design Engineer
A client of ours located near Vineland, NJ, a manufacturer of RF power generators and accessories is seeking an RF Design Engineer.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work with detail and accuracy; analyze problems quickly; sound employee relation skills; attention to detail and ability to keep focused on a number of concurrent projects; capability to work in teams. Skilled working with semi-automated machinery and computers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (MS preferred) or a related discipline with 5 to 7 years of related industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in use of computer-aided design software such as ADS or Spice equivalent.
- Experienced in electrical testing, test equipment, and S-Parameter characterization. Use of RF test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, VNA, etc.).
- Familiar with analog, RF & mixed signal PCB schematic design and layout.
- Understanding of analog circuits, noise analysis, stability analysis. Focus on common RF building blocks.
- Demonstrated experience in debugging complex RF and analog circuit behavior, especially high frequency circuits.
- Proficiency in office software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as required; ability to perform math calculations, measurements, analysis or reporting as directed.
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing process, DFM, DFMEA, PFMEA
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and lead the development of new products and sustaining engineering programs covering frequency ranges from 100KHz to 60 MHz and power levels to 20,000 Watts.
- Research and conduct investigations and experiments in new technologies to design new or improve existing products. Develop, document, and implement design and action plans.
- Responsibility for development and sustaining engineering for RF components such as power amplifiers, combiners, couplers.
- Model, design, simulate, assemble and test of prototypes performing data analysis (S-parameter, power handling, etc.) to ensure compliance with product specifications.
- Create and direct documentation of engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, and accompanying drawing packages for new / existing product, procedures, or tooling / fixtures.
- Assist Sales, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, and Quality departments in resolving product issues, complaints, waiver requests, and in answering customer inquiries.
- Performs other design, process, or production related task as required by supervisor.
- Performs training and back up as requested by Supervisor.