Safety Data Analyst
Safety Data Analyst Intern
- Work closely with the operating, maintenance, communications, procurement, and capital development departments to record, track, graph, measure, and analyze safety performance data, indicators, and other information.
- Assist with internal and external safety audits, reviews, and assessments of company departments, contractors, functions, and processes to determine compliance/conformance with various company programs as well as regulatory safety and security performance requirements.
- Contribute to company safety evaluation and certification of new and existing infrastructure, rolling stock, and systems though planning, design, engineering, construction/assembly, operations, and lessons learned.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations involving vehicles, facilities, construction sites, passengers, employees and/or equipment.
- Perform and assist with comprehensive hazard, risk, threat, and vulnerability analysis, assessments, and root cause analysis.
- Work collaboratively with managers, supervisors, and contractors to identify and mitigate hazards, risk, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with representatives from state and federal agencies to identify, analyze, coordinate, and resolve safety, security, emergency, and risk concerns.
- Assist with identifying safety performance, state of good repair, and other metrics, trends, and analysis for purposes of developing mitigation strategies to address, reduce or eliminate risks.
- Report safety critical data to federal and state Safety & Security agencies.
- Participate as a member of the Safety Audit team in the administration and execution of the Internal Safety/Security Audit Program to ensure adherence to company’s safety plan, Federal, State and local regulations, industry standards and MATA policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ensure that all required documentation and reports are completed accurately and forwarded to the appropriate operating areas, such as Federal, State, and local agencies (e.g. FTA, TDOT, NTD, OSHA), in accordance with established time frames.
- Respond to each safety report, inquiry, complaint from passengers, employees, contractors, and vendors in a confidential, courteous, and professional manner.
- Perform night and weekend Safety Duty Response in rotation with other employees.
- Must be available to work any time of the day, in response to supervisory personnel for emergencies, weather conditions or situations that impair service or safety of service
- Valid Driver's license
- Able to provide internal and external customers with courteous and professional customer service
- Satisfactory prior work record (2 years)
- Effective organization and analytical, multi-tasking, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication and report writing skills
- Microsoft Excel, Outlook
- Research and presentation skills
- Completion of statistical courses is required
- Communicate with regulatory agencies, community organizations on technical and sensitive matters
- Environment requires frequent walking and standing and sitting for periods of time plus bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Changes in inside working conditions such as working in non airconditioned or heated facility
- Lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs