Senior Quality Engineer
Senior Quality Engineer
DAVIS has partnered with a leading contract Manufacturing company in the North metro to identify a new Sr Quality Engineer to join their team!
- Determine test requirements, test methods, sample sizes and statistical analysis for qualification/verification studies for incoming material and manufacturing.
- Devise and/or maintain sampling procedures, designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality data.
- Initiate and lead non-conformance investigations regarding component failures, finished goods failures, and product returns. This includes but is not limited to performing risk analysis, determining root cause and recommending corrective action
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data by utilizing appropriate charts such as Xbar R, IMR or PARETO for (IQA, DMR, OQA and other variable data) and make recommendations.
- Analyze customer complaints, events and other post marketing surveillance data by examining the data for patterns and trends and investigating when necessary and working on cross-functional teams.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and operations to assess, develop and implement process quality controls such as Process Flow Chart, Product Control Plan (PCP), Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devise methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain methods, procedures, and schedules for supplier evaluation and auditing.
- Experience and working knowledge in areas of quality control engineering, supplier quality, process control, and product evaluation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies such ad ASQ (American Society for Quality)
?Education and Experience:
- Degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
- 5+ Years Electrical and Mechanical Assembly Experience.
- ASQ certification is preferred
- IPC 600, 610 certification and or working knowledge
- Working knowledge of 5S
- Working knowledge of ESD controls and discipline (S20.20 Standard)
- Working knowledge of using problem solving tools such as 8D/5 Whys
- Working knowledge and ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit certification
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Awareness and working knowledge of EHS
- Previous experience in supplier development