DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in Engineering services to identify a Structural Designer to join their team!
They provide engineering and design services for agribusiness, industrial and commercial facilities. Their work includes expansions, retrofits and new facility design for a variety of projects ranging from distribution centers, food processing plants and chemical manufacturing facilities to feed mills and export terminals.
Responsibilities of the Structural Designer:
- Layout plans, sections and details to specified CAD standards working directly with engineers or project managers.
- Provide direction and distribute work to Technicians.
- Coordinate with design team members and product vendors.
- Communicate with clients and/or contractors regarding RFI’s and field questions.
- Maintain awareness of fees and drafting time, understand project scope and identify potential additional service items.
- Attend internal coordination meetings and client coordination meetings as needed.
- Occasional travel for site observations and field measurements.
Minimum Qualifications Structural Designer:
- Certificate in construction related design/drafting or higher and at least three years of directly related experience OR at least four years of directly related experience
- Proficient with current versions of AutoCAD and REVIT 3D preferred.
- 3+ years of experience