We are partnering with a engineering consulting firm in Decatur, AL who is looking to add a Structural Engineer to their team! Structural Engineer possesses the knowledge and skills to assist the Project Team in performing engineering calculations, generating drawings, and other technical duties. (S)he takes an active role in increasing their knowledge of the discipline and corporate procedures. Also, must be capable of directing and reviewing the work of designers and possess the ability to work with other disciplines. This is a Contract to hire opportunity.
- Ability to research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design and application
- Carry out design calculations as directed by Project/Lead Engineers. Examples of these calculations are: Structural member sizing (concrete and steel), Retaining wall design, Foundation design (spread footings and piles), Wind/seismic load analysis, and Frame analysis
- Ability to carry out design calculations as directed by Project/Lead Engineers
- Ability to review drawings as assigned by the Project/Lead Engineers and mark or make corrections as noted
- Experience evaluating field installations and recommending design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions
- Experience performing preliminary analysis and feasibility studies
- Contact fabricators or suppliers to obtain pricing information.
- Ability to investigate and utilize applicable codes and standards such as the OSHA, AISC, ACI, ASCE, etc.
- Assist in defining engineering scope, budget and proposals
- Ability to scope a project for budgetary estimates and work closely with clients to develop relationships and future business opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering and 8-10 years of industrial experience
- Professional Engineering License
- Proficiency in STAAD