We are currently working with growing a engineering firm in Raleigh, NC, helping them find a Structural Engineer for a contract to hire role. Ideal candidate will work with a team of drafters and designers to perform structural engineering for production home builders, custom home builders and light commercial construction. Projects include structural layout and design for new construction, renovation, and remediation. Candidate will also analyze and design retaining walls and pile foundations for existing new construction.
Requirements of the Structural Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering and pursuing EI certification
- 3-5 years of AutoCad and other Autodesk products with residential design
- Experience in wood, steel and concrete design as it pertains to residential construction
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and details
- Experience with StruCalc, Forte and EnerCalc a plus