The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in Electronic Manufacturing to identify an IT Technician to join their growing team! MUST be local to the area.
JOB SUMMARY OF THE IT TECHNICIAN:
- Responsible for network and user support.
- Liaisons with IT managed services provider.
- Responsible for network support, evaluating systems analysis, programming and computer auxiliary operations including telecom and security systems.
- Makes recommendations on hardware and software for long- and short-range plans for the acquisition and implementation of new equipment and techniques.
- Reports to management on information technology plans, projects, performance and related matters.
- Maintains documentation on current systems and government security requirements.
JOB DUTIES OF THE IT TECHNICIAN:
- Working with IT managed services provider responsible for keeping network infrastructure and PC equipment in a state of high availability for the company, to include all devices such as routers and switches, firewalls, servers, individual computers, printers, copiers, A/V equipment and facility network cabling and wide-area connectivity devices such as T1 voice and data lines and their associated equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance, licensing and upkeep of software used to include PC and server operating systems, productivity software, payroll and accounting systems, engineering CAD/CAM software and support for vertical applications used by production.
- Working with IT managed services provider responsible for security and privacy of all company data assets and environment using firewall security, antivirus, disaster recovery and other tools.
- Maintain backups of all essential devices such as server equipment and production machinery for high availability and disaster recovery purposes.
- Responsible for assisting the corporate user community with any issues or requests for enhancements they may have in a timely and successful fashion.
- Responsible for the specification and purchasing of IT department related hardware and software, including licensing and maintenance agreements with vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining corporate cyber security levels and protection to standards set by both Federal governing agencies and client requirements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS OF THE IT TECHNICIAN:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science field & 5 plus years of IT support experience
- Requires a broad technical knowledge of several phases of information systems plus proven ability in administration and documentation.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.