2nd Shift Quality Control Inspector
The Davis Companies is searching for a 2nd shift Quality Control Inspector for one of their large manufacturing clients in the north metro. This person will check and inspect in-coming materials, in-process, and finished products, ensuring conformance to company quality standards and customer specifications.
Responsibilities of the 2nd shift Quality Control Inspector
· May provide receiving, in-process and final inspection for quality, appearance and performance of complicated equipment, instruments or products, or of diversified parts and assemblies using precision testing equipment, including CMM, micrometers, calipers, etc.
· Interpret detailed blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, and routing sheets to determine production standards and tolerance limits.
· Test finished products for dimensions, fit, surface finish, and appearance.
· Complete all required records and paperwork to include inspection reports, non-conforming material tags, and return material notices.
· Analyze inspection results and assist in addressing and resolving production problems causing deviations from existing standards.
· Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
· May be required to devise unusual measuring or gauging set-ups.
· May make periodic spot checks of variety of parts in progress for adherence to specifications.
Requirements of the 2nd shift Quality Control Inspector
· High School Diploma or equivalent GED
· 3 years of related experience