We are currently seeking an experienced Welding Lead/Supervisor for our client in Alpharetta, GA. The Lead will be responsible for the weld area (MIG, TIG, Stick, Spot)
This is a temp to hire position.
Hours: 2nd Shift 2:25pm-10:55pm
Pay: $20-22 DOE
- Leading the activities and personnel within the welding department
- Direct and coordinate with the supervisor to ensure employees are engaged in the production processing of goods in weld area
- Can independently issue written disciplinary warnings and suspensions with the help of the HR manager.
- Has the independent authority to resolve grievances or complaints and formulates a resolution.
- Sets direction and priorities and allocates resources.
- Determines what work needs to be done in a specific area.
- Provides advice and assistance on work techniques, best practices, and subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees or assign new employees to experienced workers for training.
- Recommend measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods.
- Updates and approves time-keeping in ADP.
- Approves/denies time off and manages the PTO calendar for their area.
- Interprets work orders, blue prints, job orders and company procedures and policies for workers.
- Requests materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services for the department.
- Observe work, and monitor gauges, dials and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Meets with team members about their attendance, work improvements, and performance.
Requirements of the Welder:
- Experience in a Team Lead or Supervisory role in Machine Shop or Metal Manufacturing environment is a must
- Must be an experienced welder with knowledge of MIG, TIG, Spot, and Stick Welding Aluminum and Stainless Steel of both thin and thick gauges
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.