We are looking for a highly motivated individual to take on the role of Assembly and Calibration Technician. Suitable candidates will be interested in a fast-paced, multi-discipline high technology manufacturing environment. Success in this position will result in career growth opportunities.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
The Assembly and Calibration Technician will work under general guidance to assemble, calibrate, validate, and test electro-mechanical instruments and associated equipment.
- Assemble complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Apply Quality Control tests and checks to confirm the quality of work
- Calibrate XRF instruments
- Work in accordance with work instructions
Skills and Experience:
- Entry level and former military candidates are encouraged to apply
- Creative and resourceful problem-solving skills for complex electro-mechanical instruments
- Use of hand tools and assembly techniques for sensitive scientific instruments required
- Familiarity with electronics, miniature mechanisms and plastic/metal enclosures strongly preferred
- Familiarity with x-ray tubes and detectors a definite plus