We are currently hiring for an EM Technician to join our advanced manufacturing company on a contract-to-hire basis! This is a 1st shift position with opportunity for advancement!
Responsible for performing a variety assembly operations using a complete range of hand tools and/or other production equipment on assemblies and sub-assemblies using assembly drawings, visual aids, wiring lists and verbal/written instructions to assemble/rework electro-mechanical assemblies, electronic components, sub-assemblies, products, or systems.
- Perform job function in a safe manner and in conjunction with established company safety guidelines/policies.
- Hand solder surface mount and thru hole components using microscope.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis panel.
- Point to point wiring using wiring lists and or interconnect diagrams. Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Installs finished assemblies or sub-assemblies in enclosures.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- May cross train in the stockroom area to pull and assemble kits. During this time additional lifting and climbing on a ladder may be required.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or 5-7 years of electrical related experience including surface mount and thru hole soldering experience and/or electro-mechanical assembly experience.
- IPC-A-610 Certification, J-STD-001 Certification is a plus