Our Client in the Gainesville GA area is looking for highly skilled Assembly Technicians. This position will be performing assembly functions at an individual workstation to produce equipment and sub assemblies, read and interpret assembly drawings and communicate with other departments within the company such as quality, design, manufacturing and engineering.
This position is $16.00/hr, full time and temp to hire. Operate on 1st Shift from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
- Perform various non-repetitive mechanical assembly functions using hand or power tools.
- Build machines and sub assemblies according to design requirements and customer specifications.
- Operate any equipment needed to perform the job, including various presses and material handling equipment.
- Inspect, test, and complete a quality checklist to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Identify and report defective materials or quality concerns to Department Manager or Quality representative.
- Participate in the scheduling of work to ensure that all tasks are completed according to the dispatch list to meet shipping schedules.
- Provide training and instruction to inexperienced personnel.
- Document problems and suggest improvements, acting to improve timeliness or reduce costs.
- May require assembly of a complete system and test running equipment with product.
- Complete Product Improvement Process forms to document problems.
- Some travel may be required from time to time to assist the Service department or R&D with customer installations or rebuilds.
- Cross-train to work on different equipment and in other areas of the shop, as needed.
- Participate in Department training and meetings as appropriate.
- Know and follow the company procedure manual and safety rules.
- Any other activities deemed necessary by the department manager.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong mechanical ability and manual hand dexterity.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and electrical schematics/wiring diagrams.
- Sit-down forklift experience.
- Previous experience with hydraulics and pneumatics is a plus.
- The ability to work with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems.
- The ability to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- A motivated, self-starter with the ability to follow directions and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Maintain professional demeanor and a positive attitude under stress.
If interested, please send your resume to Pamee Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org and call 470-655-4802.