The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Buyer Coordinator to join their team. This is a very exciting opportunity with a very innovative company.
This role is responsible for creating and maintaining master data primarily relating to material, customer, asset, vendor, and maintenance data domains. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of data integrity, governance, and service to internal customers. The role will support developing and improving master data management to increase operational efficiency, strengthen data governance, and increase data value through deployment of user-friendly processes, system tools, and data architecture simplification.
Responsibilities of Buyer Coordinator:
- Processes master data requests in line with service level agreements and respond to queries in a timely fashion.
- Drives internal control, regulatory, and process compliance through active understanding, engagement, and vigilance.
- Provides problem solving support, advice and guidance to internal customers which is professional, responsive, and assumes responsibility for conclusion.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly processes and tasks to the required standard.
- Maintains a full audit trail of data changes.
- Provides timely and complete resolution of ad-hoc internal and external data queries
- Determines priority of work and addresses issues in a timely manner based on understanding of critical factors.
- Performs timely accurate peer review of completed requests which enhance data quality, integrity, and team learning.
- Manages own time by estimating time to complete, setting deadlines, and communicating in advance when not expected meeting deadlines.
- Understands the impact of master data within the organization and systems for applicable data domains.
- Identifies patterns within the data to leverage information to create value
- Supports documentation of data dictionary, process, and business rules; providing document updates in timely manager.
- Proposes process efficiency improvements in execution of work, automation opportunity, rationalization of processes, and training/education.
- Executes knowledge transfer to new or less experienced team members.
Requirements of Buyer Coordinator:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; strong critical self-review skills.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver communication which is clear, concise, and relevant to audience through appropriate methods and tools.
- Appreciates what constitutes good customer service and displays consistent commitment to delivering.
- Organized methodical application of established data governance standards.
- Proactive approach to role and problem solving; solution rather than problem focused.
- Able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key stakeholders both within and outside of the MDM team to get the job done.
- Inquisitive and thorough in approach.
- Displays a passion for working in master data management.
- Self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice.
- Experience maintaining master data in an ERP system
- Experience maintaining master data in SAP.
- Demonstrated mid-level or above proficiency with MS Office Excel, analyzing and manipulating large datasets through formulas and macros.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio, Access, and Project.
- Strong analytical abilities with experience extracting data and developing reports in an ERP environment.
- Strong interest in systems with demonstrable systems mindset and exposure to a large ERP system.
- Understanding of SDLC and project management methodology.
- Experience defining, writing and implementing business processes and data standards in one or more data domains.
- CPA, Six Sigma, PMP, or similar.