Davis Engineering is partnering with a great company in the Contoocook area of New Hampshire to hire one if not two CNC Machinists with 5+ axis or higher experience (7+ preferred). If interested in this role, please contact Rich Gardner with your Word formatted resume including contact information at email@example.com .
The CNC machinist operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts. The CNC machinist loads parts in the machine, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all assigned machine shop operations.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Regularly performs milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding tasks.
- Performs inspection of machined products, and documents results.
- Completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
- Assists in other work areas to perform fabrication, lay-up, infiltration, furnace operation and sand blasting tasks.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Mechanical Capacity.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00AM to 3:30PM
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or graduation from a certified technical school.
- Minimum one year of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Two or more years of related experience.