We are seeking skilled CNC machinist who can create programs for CNC equipment using CAD/CAM software. Improve and optimize machining processes by reviewing material removal rates for optimum tool life and increased efficiency. Insures successful completion of CNC programming goals set forth by management.
This is a 1st shift opportunity, Monday - Fridays from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Pay rate is starting at $30.00 - $35.00/hr and up depending on experience.
- Create and maintain multi-axis CNC programs to produce parts using CAD/CAM software.
- Develop CNC machining processes by selecting the chucking device, cutting tools, tool arrangement, and cutting speeds and feeds with emphasis on standardization.
- Witness the CNC program prove out on the machine tool and correct the programs as required.
- Prepare detailed work instructions and supervise machining process validations including operator training. Communicate effectively with Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development Engineering, plant personnel, and individuals outside the company.
- Maintain the master CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques, to insure the integrity of CNC programs.
- Implement and report cost improvements.
- Coordinates and assigns programming tasks to other programmers as needed.
- Assist in the design of jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications.
- Ensure compliance with current CNC programming standards and best practices.
- Assist in the selection of new equipment.
- Follow all programming file management procedures, set by the company and/or applicable Quality Specifications to insure compliance of CNC programs with our Quality Management System.
- Function as subject matter expert and mentor for other programmers and machinists.
- Work with cross functional teams on improvement projects or kaizen events.
- High School graduate. College or technical degree not mandatory but is a definite plus.
- Minimum five years of CNC programming experience to include three years’ experience using CAD/CAM software.
- 5 axis Router/Laser and robotic experience is a plus.
- Must be able to react to normal machine scheduling and emergency requirements to maintain a steady flow of parts through CNC equipment.
- Assignments may also originate from opportunities that develop in the shop.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
To directly contact us, please call 470-655-4802.