DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in Electronic Manufacturing to identify a Conformal Coat tech to join their team! This is a 1st shift position.
JOB DUTIES OF CONFORMAL COATING:
- Obtain tools and materials as may be required to perform the specified task.
- Mask parts to meet dimensions as called out on blueprint and process sheet. Per Work Instructions will mix conformal coat or silicone material and spray parts by hand or may load parts and operate PVA machine. Hand spray will be performed using a respirator and following all safety regulations.
- Pull tape, bake, and use black light for inspection of parts when process is complete. Touch up and review to ensure coatings meet all requirements.
- Hand application of coating on flex assemblies.
- Perform potting process with Asymtec equipment.
- Communicates with Lead, Supervisor, Engineers, Quality and other personnel for priority of assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for following all PM’s for conformal coat, silicone room and potting.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and gives no work direction to others.
- Assists co-workers when necessary to meet work unit goals.
- Performs other duties as required and may be utilized in other areas and departments of manufacturing as workload may dictate.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS OF CONFORMAL COATING:
- High School education or equivalent, plus one year similar manufacturing experience required.
- Must be able to read ruler and associated inspection equipment as needed for first article approval.
- Will be required to pass IPC-610 Certification.
- Follows written and oral instructions, and must be able to read blueprints and process sheets.
- Work is performed in sitting, standing, reaching and stooped positions.
- Job duties require working with and around chemicals and the use of a respirator.
- Requirements include the employee receiving and passing a respiratory medical evaluation, respirator fit test and training annually to wear a respirator and perform job duties.