• Purchase stock and assigned non-stock material in an economic and timely fashion to maximize customer service. Follow up through expediting and close-out of initiated purchase orders.
• Coordinate with the Purchasing Manager to manage and maintain an assigned inventory investment within desired goals for turns and GMROI.
• Establish and maintain vendor files with all significant details. Perform file maintenance to maintain current records.
• Develop and maintain business relationships with assigned vendors and utilize those relationships to benefit Purchasing and Sales personnel.
• Exhibit sound and positive interpersonal skills involving interacting, coordinating, negotiation and interfacing with all levels of company personnel, customers and suppliers.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills to make decisions with sound judgement while complying with the policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable laws and regulations.
• Demonstrate Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
• Perform other related duties as required or requested by Purchasing Manager.
• College Education preferred with three (3+) years purchasing/inventory control experience. Electrical and/or construction industry experience desirable with additional experience in business management.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong math, analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details in a high volume purchasing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to resolve challenges and implement solutions in a timely and cost conscience manner.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with various departments and negotiate professionally with suppliers.
• Must be organized and able to multitask in a busy environment.
• Willingness to travel 25% of time and demonstrate a “can do” attitude.