Cylinder Refurb (1st Shift)
Cylinder Refurb (1st Shift)
Location: Bridgeton, NJ
Shift: 1st Early morning
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Under general supervision, performs various duties in the cylinder restoration department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Inspects cylinders.
· Operates valving machine.
· Wears respirator for protection and all other necessary PPE.
· Properly mixes paint and clean paint equipment.
· Performs paint duties with electrostatic paint machine and/or manual spray gun.
· Loads and unloads cylinders to/from paint line and pallets.
· Loads and operates equipment to crush empty disposable cylinders and empty reclaim drums according to established procedures.
· Cleans and lubricates equipment.
· Bands cylinders and pallets.
· Initializes, operates and shuts down Rotoblaster (shot blast machine).
· Keeps records and fills out paperwork.
· Meets daily performance standards.
· Performs general housekeeping.
· Follows all safety rules, policies, regulations.
· Cross trains in Reclaim department and other areas as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, feet, and limbs. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb, balance, lift, carry, push, and pull.
Ability to exert moderately heavy, up to 40 pounds of physical effort. Ability to operate equipment and machinery requiring monitoring multiple conditions and making multiple adjustments, such as grinders, cutting wheels, valving tools, pallet jacks. Ability to operate a forklift after successfully completing safety training and receiving OSHA certification. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works around moving mechanical parts, and industrial equipment.