Searching for a Debug Technician located in Westford, MA on a Temp to Hire basis. Looking for candidates open to either 1st or 2nd shift.
Provide first level technical support to the manufacturing process. Debug printed circuit boards and product level assemblies utilizing system diagnostics and product specific procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work from test procedures, electrical schematics, technical notes, diagnostics, and component data sheets to identify and isolate the root cause of defective components, piece parts, and sub-assemblies of failing products.
- Identify and isolate the root cause of defective components, piece parts and sub-assemblies of failing products.
- Identify product and process defect trends and seek corrective action.
- Set-up and operate complex test equipment in accordance with standard test procedures.
- Control, document and process non-conforming material to MRB.
- Report on in-process quality.
- Support engineering as needed.
- Understand and follow all applicable ISO and job specific procedures.
- Responsible for the accuracy of work-in-process.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of work area and surrounding work space.
- Other responsibilities as directed and necessary for the business.
- Associates degree in electrical or electronics engineering and/or equivalent trade school training and experience.
- Previous experience in system test and debugging to the component level.
- Previous experience utilizing oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DVMs and other tools.
- Capable of performing job function utilizing written procedures, verbal instructions and visual aids.
- Knowledge and experience working with electro-mechanical products.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a Team environment.
- Strong Analog test background