Electro-Mechanic Maintenance Tech
Position: Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Tech
A client of ours near Buena, NJ is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technician who will be responsible for the safe and efficient completion of all service requests encompassing all facility and production equipment to constantly meet customer on-time product delivery expectations
Responsibilities of the Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Tech:
- Conduct daily, inspections of facility and production equipment to monitor performance, recommend appropriate preventative maintenance (PM) / repairs, and record findings.
- Perform routine PM on facility and production systems & equipment to sustain optimal availability and reliability, safe operating status and recommend modifications to improve performance.
- Disassemble, repair and reassemble equipment according to operating manual, schematics, blueprints and external technical assistance; and validate the equipment is operating safely and to OEM standards.
- Fabricate and install parts or machine guards to improve the safe, efficient and up-time performance of equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing all facility machinery including preventive and predictive maintenance
- Assists in installation and electrical set-up of new or relocated machinery.
- Installation and wiring of programmable digital controllers and electrical troubleshooting and repair of all plant production equipment.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of plant wide industrial electronic components for electro - mechanical systems, installation and programming of SLC and PLC programmable controllers, power supplies special and remote 1/0 modules and communication interfacing
- Must be familiar with AC, DC and Servo motors, including troubleshooting, installation, and maintenance.
- All Technicians assist plant Electrician in electrical work as required
Requirements of the Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Tech:
- High school degree or GED. Post high school education at a college or technical school working towards a mechanic, electrical or other equipment related discipline; or three to five year related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Conduct on-the-job Training
- Diagnosis and Repair Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
- Complete Basic Welding Practices / Techniques
- Application of Manuals, Drawings and Vendor Technical Advice to Troubleshoot and Repair equipment and systems across the plant.
- Operate a milling machine and welder applying safe practices and appropriate techniques.
- Apply basic Electro/Mechanical skills