Our client in Norwood, MA is looking for a talented electromechanical assembler to join their team on a 1st shift basis!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assembles load frames, consoles, and accessories from assembly drawings and bills of material. Uses hand tools such as torque wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, and pneumatic tools.
- Load tests and troubleshoots load frames to specifications.
- Sets up console, runs a program, or load tests to a fixture; judges proper operation from data on recorder. Makes assembly adjustments accordingly.
- Maintains a clean and efficient work area.
- Assists test engineers in troubleshooting mechanical problems encountered during systems test to ensure system is working to capacity.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering personnel in releasing new series equipment and solving assembly and design problems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend assembly drawings and bill of material. Must be able to follow assembly blueprints, wiring diagrams, written and verbal instructions. This is normally acquired through attainment of a technical high school education.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and the ability to recognize and use tools normally utilized in the manufacture of heavy electromechanical equipment, i.e., overhead cranes, chains, straps, torque wrenches, indicators, etc.
- Must have good working knowledge of hardware, basic measuring tools, along with the communication skills necessary to properly function in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.